Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Interview

Riding together to Awana tonight, and my ears begin to tune in to our tallest long blonde-haired lady... and my son - conversing in the way back seat.


Thinking on it, I believe it's the first time I've seen them sitting together since the girls came to stay with us.  It's as if they struck a deal - to "make friends"...


B - "But, why does she love us?"


R - "She just loves ALL kids!"


B - "Did she love the other kids that came to stay here... before us?"


R - "Sure!  She loves ALL kids... even C----ay (the neighborhood bully I've heard so much about, that I had a chance to "love on" in the hall today at school)... shocking all three of my ladies - much to my delight..."


B - "Do ALL the kids obey her?"


R - "Well, yes!  Because she just loves them, so they want to."


B - "Well, he's mean and I don't love him.  (Referring to the bully mentioned above)."


R - "Well, my mom does."


B - "What did she tell you, before we came I mean?"


R - "That there were some girls that needed our family.  We all sat down together and Dad told us.  And we decided we wanted to be the ones to help."


B - "Well, I'm not going to have to come back here ever again, because my Mom is going to keep our house clean, and then we get to go home.  She's going to get healthy for us."


R - "That's great!  But I hope you DO come stay with us after you go home, at least to visit.  I like having you here."




Well, ladies... at this point my eyes were so welled up with tears.  Look at how He's blessing our family!  Look at the maturity and reassuring way my "bouncy boy" offered his new "for now" sister!  R is focusing this week on asking the Lord to help him see the needs of others.  I can't wait to hold him in my arms tonight and tell him how proud I was to hear how he made himself available to God working in him.  


And look how God is helping her go through this "testing" process.... testing to see if we are "real"... and how smart she is to ask another child (the fastest way to find out the "truth" about a grown up!).  Thank you Father, for giving her the idea to ask R about this "new love" she's encountering here, and it's authenticity.


I am grateful.  I am hopeful.  I think it's beautiful...

Current Prayer Request:  For continued longevity of stay.  Looks like things may take a new turn, and we're praying for time... more time.  Just a little more time to make a difference, a lasting, life changing, soul steadying kind of difference.  We're asking God to release His angels to war for "our" babies.  Let's stand together, shall we?

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful glimpse into the heart of obedience, too. Because we are loved . . . .

    ReplyDelete