Monday, March 14, 2011

So... which one of you is praying?

Wow.  The power of prayer.  Of standing together and fighting on behalf of children who can't fight for themselves.  My sweet man and I aren't alone in this - we know all of you are standing with us... tonight is a reminder to that fact.

Tonight... makes me want to laugh.  Was it really just three hours ago when I told you I was "wearing down" and that I was issuing a "cry for help"?

Well... the hours that followed were filled with many blessings.  Here are a few:

Four sweet baby girls (only one with knitting skills) sitting in a line on the couch, each with a giant ball of "fluffy" yarn.  And we begin to learn, and there are moments where our hands touch, in the learning, and no one pulls away.... and words begin to soften, and hearts begin to lighten, and everyone begins to forget to be cold...

Making daddy's lunch and peels of laughter over an English accent and applesauce...

Two little school girls and eyes of wonder as Daddy asks them to let them know what their hearts desire would be at the book fair... because he's going to send me to school to meet them and we're going to "bring it home"...

For John 3:16 and tomorrow is Awana and "what does not perish mean?"  ...and "GUYS!  You gotta' come in here!  I believe in Him!  I'm gonna' live forever!!!"

One little girl's first try tomorrow at "hot lunch"...

Story time, and prayers, and pretending to be asleep when I tell her what I love about her and my favorite part of my day with her and then... three little first time spoken words (at bedtime that is) "I love you."  Aaah. A balm to my soul...

Time with my son, alone time... that goes well... and I learn of his heart to want more of Jesus... and we are reminded together that it's only as we go to Him that He fills us, and changes us... and it's a good reminder... because I want to be just like Him...

...and then I'm leaving their girl filled bedroom... and my tall one - the one that has issued the order for pain all day today... calls to me.... "come say goodnight to ME... come touch my hair again..."

Oh, we're getting somewhere girls.  Thank you for standing up for my girls - for walking with me when I'm too tired, and too hurt... and for standing me up again...

Tomorrow... round two... ding!

2 comments:

  1. Praising God for His answers and asking for more, more, more of Him for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved being able to share this with my kiddos, especially since our bedtime prayers were ascending right between these two posts. I know this was the case in many homes, and it thrills me to take part in the kingdom adventure!

    ReplyDelete