Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Some more "firsts"...

First time at Joann's.  (Can you EVEN imagine???)


First time holding a ball of yarn... and learning to knit.


First smile after school.


First hot lunch paid for with "my own money".


First time to meet "my real daddy"...


First sleepover.


First "Book Fair" purchase.


First time to thread a bobbin.


First time to turn on a dishwasher.


First time to be recognized for "good behavior" at school.


First Awana vests, and books, and completed memory verses!


First time a Daddy ever did story time.


First swimming pool.


... and every "first" fills me with so much gratitude for my Lord... He chose US to accomplish this task?  We are so grateful to get to see His work up close in our very own "front row seats".  Yesterday as I was studying the making of the Tabernacle I was reminded that the Lord equipped His workers for the tasks He appointed for them.  .  . meaning, I'm sure, that on their own they were not able to complete the work He had for them.  They were only willing, obedient hearts.  How honored they must have been... and how surprised, or should I say "delighted", at the outcome of their hands, they were able to achieve as God worked through them.


That's how it is over here.  I keep finding myself being delighted by what's happening under this roof.  I'm SO in over my head here, ladies.  You DO know that, don't you?  I need Him to equip me every single moment of each day to complete His work in this home.  All I claim to be is willing.  If there is any success to this task - it is the Work of my Father, that you can be quite sure of!


I have never been so far "out there".  I'm "all in" now... there is no turning back, and without His faithfulness, it would all crash and burn in a minute.  This is an exciting way to live; and all I want is more of Him!  Bring on more firsts, Lord - I'm sitting right up front, I've got my popcorn ready, and I'm ready to watch you work! 

1 comment: